01. Go to the Hot Pepper Beauty home page or app, and log in.
02. Find a salon you like. In the video, I used the “Search by Train Station” option. Popular salons are usually in areas like Omotesando and Azabu Juban, but you have to be prepared to pay a premium price. If I’m not after a particular style and just want a haircut for maintenance, I just choose an area that’s convenient for me.
Choose the train station from the list or type it in.
03. Click on the coupon you like. Make sure you read the details.
04. Click the date and time you would like to go to the salon. The available dates are marked with circles.
05. The next page lets you choose the stylist you want. Senior stylists usually require a small extra fee. If you have no preference, click “指名無しで次へ.” (No preference)
06. On the next screen, you will be asked to put in your phone number. It will appear automatically if you have registered it beforehand.Some coupons also have conditions like “for first-timers only.” This page wants you to confirm if you meet all the conditions, so you have to tick the tiny box next to it.
You can also use your accumulated points (if you have any) to get a lower price. 1 point = 1 yen.
07. Alas, the final page. Check if all the information on the page is correct, and hit “予約を確認する.” (Confirm reservation)